Read an interesting survey re traction around the semantic web. Listed a number of barriers to adoption of semantic web:
- organisational culture
- the complexity of the technology
- a general lack of experts
- a lack of success stories
- a lack in quality of available software and
- the problem to quantify the benefits
I thought it would be interesting to consider each of thse in some more detail in a series of postings – designed to assist in promoting a greater understanding of semantic web and its potential use. Would welcome any feedback/ ideas on this subject.
The referenced survey targeted a fairly technical, web savy, group, across Europe. Am keen to engage more directly with business poeple – amongst many of whom I am not sure there is a clear understanding of, or interest in, the semantic web.